Selfoss/WAMP downloads PHP files instead of displaying them

by MisteSanders, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:43 (3334 days ago)

I just installed Selfoss on a WAMP server. Visiting localhost/selfoss is prompting me to download the index.php file instead of displaying it. This behaviour has been consistent on two different installs, each on two browsers (Firefox, Chrome). I'm wondering if any else has had this behaviour and knows a solution?

Apache : 2.4.9
MySQL : 5.6.17
PHP : 5.5.12

Selfoss 2.12
default .htaccess file from Selfoss package and Apache httpd.conf (I can provide either upon request).

by MisteSanders, Thursday, February 12, 2015, 20:33 (3333 days ago) @ MisteSanders

Commenting out AddHandler php5-cgi .php in the .htaccess file seems to have had some effect. Unfortunately now visiting Selfoss (localhost/selfoss) shows me the message "an error occured". I set the logger_level in config.ini to DEBUG and see the message

Error PDOStatement: Nom du champ 'filter' déjà utilisé

(field name 'filter' already exists)

Again, I lack foundational knowledge to dig out of this so I don't know if my first problem of being prompted to download index.php is solved yet and I'm on problem number two or not. Any help is appreciated.

by snak-pak, Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 05:37 (3320 days ago) @ MisteSanders

It sounds like PHP might not be working correctly on your server. Do you use a hosting provider or is it your own server? Most hosting companies provide PHP in all their configurations since it's so common.

What many people do to verify PHP and any PHP extensions that might be required are actually installed is to create a simple php_info page that will give you a wealth of information. Create a simple file and call it something like test.php with the following content:

<?php
php_info();
?>

If PHP is working you should see a wealth of information when you visit http://www.yoursite.com/test.php, and if it doesn't then the problem is on the server and PHP might not be enabled. BTW, you can get hosting for cheap or free from a wide variety of places so you might want to try a different provider if they can't get PHP working for you.

Kelly

RSS Feed of thread