RSS items don't update normaly

by adkurz, Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 15:05 (2193 days ago)

Hello,

I installed selfoss on my shared hosting server by all-inkl.com. The installation was without problems, I use a sqlite database and the log-in system. I integrated 19 feeds, the most of them with the full text RSS. The feeds updated successfully, new items are showed.
But there is a problem. On some feeds, like golem.de or heise.de, the newest items aren't found direct, to show a new item can go on more than an hour. In the debug log is the item not logged. After a few minutes or hours, the item is shown, but not directly after it is published, selfoss shows the right time of an article.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm not good in it, but i hope you understand my problem.
Greetings, Adrian Kurz

by jtojnar, Friday, March 30, 2018, 20:25 (2190 days ago) @ adkurz

Do you use the heise spout? It fetches one of these feeds. Could you check that the item you are after is contained in the feed you selected? We ignore articles older than items_lifetime (30 by default) but that should be logged with logger_level=DEBUG. Otherwise, there is no reason for the item not to be added.

by adkurz, Friday, March 30, 2018, 21:53 (2190 days ago) @ jtojnar

Hello,

The Problem exists by all Feeds, not only by Heise. If I delete the Cache, the Items will be loaded, but selfoss is very slow. I update my feeds every 5 minutes, but it the new items often needs a hour or more. In the debug log doesn't stand anything, the item title isn't listet there.

RSS Feed of thread