RSS Subscription Extension for Selfoss

by BinaryDIgit, Sunday, August 10, 2014, 15:23 (3539 days ago)

Hey all,

I couldn't find this on the forums, so sorry if it's been brought up. Is there an easy way to find a websites RSS feed other than searching through the webpage source? I know Feedly has this (sorry to compare!) and hoped for a similar feature? If not, is there a special URL that I can add to the RSS Subscription chrome extension?

Loving Selfoss! :-D Thanks very much,
Liz

by RitterRunkel, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 15:28 (3529 days ago) @ BinaryDIgit

Is there an easy way to find a websites RSS feed other than searching through the webpage source? I know Feedly has this (sorry to compare!) and hoped for a similar feature? If not, is there a special URL that I can add to the RSS Subscription chrome extension?

Hi Liz,

not sure what URL you want to add to this extension. But the extension delivers you the url you can place in the selfoss sources ... So the extension helps to find the RSS-feed without looking at the source code of a webpage.

I didn't ever use feedly, but does it provide functionality to enter an URL and feedly figures out feeds itself?

Robin

by BinaryDIgit, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 16:49 (3529 days ago) @ RitterRunkel

Hi Robin,

Yes I love that feature in Feedly...was wondering if there was a way to do that in Selfoss? Then I saw this extension, and thought maybe there's a specific URL that I can add into the list so that Selfoss will discover the feed automatically. :-)

by RitterRunkel, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 21:39 (3528 days ago) @ BinaryDIgit

Yes I love that feature in Feedly...was wondering if there was a way to do that in Selfoss? Then I saw this extension, and thought maybe there's a specific URL that I can add into the list so that Selfoss will discover the feed automatically. :-)

Maybe one sunny day ... making Tobi feel like christmas, birthday and easter at the same time ... ;)

RSS Feed of thread